Friday, December 01, 2006

Stranded

Spurred on by Mary-Heather's comment, I joined the Stranded Colorwork KAL, which officially starts today. The KAL hostesses have asked a couple of questions:

What are your projects for this knitalong?
I'm making a Star Wars hat, inspired by Carolyn (pattern here, based on motifs found here). So far I've made a fair bit of progress.

My stitches look like hell. I'm hoping for some miracles to happen during blocking.

Carolyn's hat uses only the R2D2 motif, but I thought my nephew would also like to have some Storm Troopers. You can see in the photo that I started a row of Storm Troopers, but I didn't like how different in scale they are from the R2s, so I ripped them out. Anyway, I don't think my hat will turn out as nice as Carolyn's, but I'm hoping at least it will be wearable.

Is this your first colorwork project? If it isn't, what was your first, and has it survived the test of time?
Yep, this is my first colorwork project. I'm sure it won't be my last.


In other news—more bread.

Honey Wheat & Oat bread

I love to bake, and as a consequence, I make nearly all of my own bread. Nothing makes the house smell better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home