Thursday, January 11, 2007

I've got nothing

Well, not nothing, just no exciting knitting progress. I do have a sock on the needles, but it isn't thrilling me. Don't get me wrong, it's a fine sock. It's just that I've been modifying the pattern on the fly, resulting in more frogging than necessary. Planning? Who needs planning?


Since I have nothing exciting to report, how about some pretty yarn? (Total cop-out, I know.) Here's some sock yarn I bought from Savvyminx a while back.

75% superwash merino, 25% nylon
colorway: Avalon



This is one of the most unique colorways I've seen. It's chocolate brown with blues, greens, and lavenders. I haven't quite decided what to do with it yet, other than pet it, of course.

Next up is a skein I just got from Cherry Blossom Fibers.

100% superwash merino
colorway: Central Park



I'm a sucker for autumn colors, and this yarn positively screamed "Buy me!" when I saw it. No immediate plans for this one, either, but I'm open to suggestions.

3 Comments:

At 1/11/07, 3:34 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

I'm impressed that you're even attempting modifying a pattern! WOW!! Looks like KnitPicks essential tweed? I have a pair of socks in that too!

I'd like to say I'd recommend Monkey for the Cherry Blossom Fibers, but honestly I really don't LOVE the pattern. Honestly, I'd recommend the Pomatomus, but you just finished a pair of those, so I'm at a loss!

 
At 1/11/07, 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My gosh, the yarn goodness!!! All these skeins look so divine, I couldn't choose a favourite for the life of me as they're all so gorgeous!
And your sock is coming along perfectly fine - I'm really curious what kind of modifications you did to the pattern?

 
At 1/14/07, 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful yarn. The sock looks lovely. Can't wait to see the final project.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home