Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Smitten

I'm in love. Besotted. Twitterpated. Captivated. Utterly enamored.


My Pomatomus socks are finished, and they are the loveliest things ever to come off my needles. I'm afraid they may have ruined me for all other socks.


Fearless Fibers sock yarn was a great choice for this pattern. The random color variations mean there's no striping or pooling to detract from the stitch pattern. I had originally intended to knit Pomatomus in a solid color yarn, but I'm glad I changed my mind.

This yarn has fantastic yardage. Look how much I had left over.


50 grams! That's roughly 240 yards by my calculations. I'm pretty sure I can get a pair of footie socks for myself out of this. Many thanks to Deb for putting out such a fine product. (We won't speak of how many skeins of her yarn I've stockpiled already.)

4 Comments:

At 1/9/07, 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your knitting is superb--I'd love to have those gorgeous socks for myself! I'm every bit as smitten as you are with Deb's Fearless Fibers yarns. Guess that I'll have to go knit a pair of Pomatomus out of my own stockpile.

 
At 1/9/07, 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see if my comment works this time (it broke earlier today!).

You're totally right that Pomatomus spoils you for all other socks--but I made the mistake of making the Pomatomi for my first pair! Yours are amazing--great color yarn, too.

 
At 1/10/07, 4:12 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE them!! Those socks turned out beautiful! I'm making that pattern NEXT!! I gave my Fearless Fibers yarn to my little sister for Christmas so at least I know she's going to have some great yarn for her socks.

 
At 1/12/07, 6:31 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Those are the most gorgeous Pomas I've seen!

With the 240 yards you could make a Branching Out--or another lace scarf of about the same length.

Love that Brick House colorway! I may have to get some. I'm knitting socks with some FF yarn right now and am very happy with it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home