Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Knitting interrupted

My knitting plans have been foiled by baking. Result: not a lot of progress on the Urban Aran, but there are lots of cookies. Lots of cookies.

molasses cookies

chocolate chip cookies

Half went to my brother-in-law for his birthday. The other half went to my former coworkers, who have been sending me emails telling me about how they've all lost weight since being deprived of my baking. I would think weight loss is a good thing, but how can I resist when they use terms like "wasting away"?

For a nonprofessional baker like myself, 15 dozen cookies in one day is too much. I'm tired.

3 Comments:

At 2/7/07, 1:14 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

YUM!! I've never had molasses cookies but they sure look good! I can't believe you made 15 dozen. I'm worn out after 4 dozen!

 
At 2/7/07, 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

two knit bloggers posted cookies today, and now i'm dying to bake some. I used to have an annual Valentine Cookie Decorating party for which I would make 300+ cut-out heart-shaped cookies, but I don't think I'm doing it this year :(

Off to research some simple recipes . . .

 
At 2/8/07, 8:07 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

Mmm... yummy looking cookies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home