Friday, February 16, 2007

Yarn impressions

Ready for Spring

Smoky Mountain Fibers superwash sock yarn
Rosewood (left) and BlueBerry Bushes (right)


Singin' the Blues

Oldfield Creek 80% wool 20% nylon sock yarn
(colorways are not named)


My Darling Tweed

Classic Elite Skye Tweed in Upland Green (#1272)

Miscellany

A couple of people asked about the item under my blocking board on my Feb. 13th post. It's a cabled afghan, and yes, I did make it. The afghan is my own design, and it's crocheted, not knitted. I've always loved cables!

There is not much knitting happening around here right now. I'm preparing for a small dinner party tomorrow night, so all my time is taken up with scrubbing the house and making preparations for my sumptuous feast (ha!). Knitting on the Urban Aran will recommence on Sunday. I'm still hoping to have it finished some time next week. Those plans might be foiled if I can't find the right zipper locally.

Oh, and I've got an idea for a contest, so stay tuned.

3 Comments:

At 2/18/07, 5:52 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

You scored some gorgeous yarn! Why in the world did you have to provide the links though? OH NO! You know I love to click on those things, but I'm trying to show restraint until I go to Stitches. CURSES!

 
At 2/19/07, 12:20 PM, Blogger mle said...

Pretty yarn!! I can't wait to see your Urban Aran cardigan!

 
At 10/19/23, 5:58 AM, Anonymous Ascodepatriarcado said...

Nice blog thaanks for posting

 

Post a Comment

<< Home