Sunday, March 04, 2007

The wearin' o' the green

The Ripple Weave Socks are finished!

Pattern: Ripple Weave Socks by Charlene Schurch
Pattern source: Fall 2006 Vogue Knitting
Yarn: Knit Picks Essential in Grass

This is a fun pattern. I just love the neatness of all the twisted stitches. However, I did make one modification. The pattern calls for an eye of partridge heel flap. Now, my love for the eye of partridge heel runs deep, but come on! These socks have a twisted rib cuff, twisted rib toes, and ... an eye of partridge heel flap? It didn't jive with me, so I did a twisted rib heel instead.

Much better! This way the heel is integrated with the patterning, just like the cuff and the toes.

humble apologies to Jared for shamelessly ripping off his photo idea

This likely will be my last post for a couple of weeks. Internet access may be sparse in the wilds of the South Island, but who knows? I might be able to post a photo or two along the way. Then again, blogging might very well be the last thing on my mind.

I'm off to finish up my packing. Take care, everyone!

4 Comments:

At 3/4/07, 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful socks! I'll miss your posts, but have a great trip!

 
At 3/4/07, 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice socks. Have fun wearing them on your trip.
--TECHknitter

 
At 3/4/07, 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the socks. The twisted rib heel was definitely the way to go!

 
At 3/5/07, 3:32 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

I absolutely LOVE your socks! You also greatly improved the pattern by doing the twisted rib heel flap. BRILLIANT!

I'm so sad you'll be gone for a few weeks, but I'm so excited for you too! Be very very safe but have an adventurous time (I know one contradicts the other kind of).

Take care & I can't wait to see the review of your trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home