Sunday, July 01, 2007

Changing my ways?

In the past I have publicly proclaimed that I am a knitting monogamist. So now that I have a stole and two socks on the needles, I feel like a bit of a project whore. (Yes, I can hear some of you sniggering at me for being freaked out over only three projects.)

I finally did cast on for Thelonious. Of course I ended up using the yarn I had originally intended for these socks. (Thanks to everyone who affirmed that decision!) To say that I am entranced by this pattern would be an understatement. I must make a pair of these for myself. My sock pal's feet are considerably longer than mine, and it's going to take a lot of willpower to not stop knitting the foot once it's long enough to fit my foot. I'll consider it a test of my moral fortitude.

PotW is grafted together, but I have not yet started on the border. That will be my major project for this week.

So what is the knitting third project? Well, both Thelonious and PotW require me to pay attention to charts, so neither is really a suitable project for knitting night. I needed to have something relatively mindless to work on, so I asked the Professor to pick out some yarn for another pair of ankle socks.


I wasn't at all surprised when he picked his favorite sock yarn—Fearless Fibers superwash merino. This yarn is what was left over from my beloved Pomatomus. Three cheers for 550 yard skeins!

5 Comments:

At 7/1/07, 12:00 PM, Blogger Jeri said...

Hey, Micki, you could show Thelonious at Sunday-afternoon-special-knit-night even if it's not suitable knitting at knit night.

And welcome to the dark side. My ufo list is down to 7. And seems stuck there.

 
At 7/2/07, 7:23 AM, Blogger bookgrump said...

I've been feeling like an UFO whore myself. WAY too many unfinished things laying around, waiting for a ribbon here, buttons there, and just little things. The one I feel the most guilt over is a baby onesie that I started. I was so excited, but then my interest fizzled. I fear that I will now have to frog it so that I can make a different size or a jacket instead.

Your Thelonius look nice, but your knit night sock project is giving me severe Fearless Fiber lust. Shame on you! Not only are you falling to your vices, you're tempting your dear friends as well!

 
At 7/2/07, 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful work on Thelonious! I had to put mine on hold, waiting for needles to arrive.

 
At 7/6/07, 3:22 AM, Blogger Angeluna said...

Totally sniggering! So totally.

Your Thelonious are just beautiful and I am excited to hear how much you are enjoying the process since I have the pattern and just have to mate it up to some sock stash.

 
At 8/28/22, 4:07 PM, Anonymous Burbank Oven Repair said...

This is awessome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home