Monday, August 27, 2007

Found: Knitting mojo

Much knitting progress occurred this weekend. I've all but forgotten last week's mini slump. Exhibit 1: Reknitted Drunken Bees sock, with second sock started.
ff drunken bees half
I'm so glad I swallowed my pride and reknitted this on size 1 (2.25 mm) needles. The sock fits perfectly now...like it was made for me. Ha!

Exhibit 2: Baby sweater started. I finished the back on Saturday evening.
trellis back
This is of course Trellis from Knitty (Spring 2005). So far I'm finding it to be heartbreakingly cute. The yarn is Knit Picks Swish DK in Moss. It isn't exactly a traditional baby color, but I've never been one for pastels or brights. (What can I say? I'm dull!) Now, I don't remember much of the '70s, but this color is giving me flashbacks. It isn't quite avocado, but it's awfully close.

The pattern calls for worsted weight yarn and a size 7 (4.50 mm), but I'm getting gauge with this DK yarn and a size 4 (3.50 mm) needle.
Swish DK seems to be slightly heftier than the average DK, but even at that, I'm really surprised about the looseness of my knitting. I even washed and blocked this piece just to be sure of my measurements before knitting the rest of the cardi.

Oh, and the first shipment of the Fearless Fibers Seven Deadly Sins Sock Club arrived on Friday. I love the yarns, but I'll hold off posting a photo for a couple of days. I'd hate to ruin someone else's surprise!

6 Comments:

At 8/27/07, 8:53 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Talk about getting your knitting mojo back! I like how Trellis is knitting up. What an odd business with the gauge.

 
At 8/28/07, 4:00 AM, Blogger Donyale said...

They look great! Blue seems to suit that pattern....well done.

 
At 8/28/07, 7:45 AM, Blogger mle said...

Yay for knitting mojo!
I love how the Drunken Bee socks are looking.
That's good to know about the Swish DK too. Although, it seems that thick dk is the norm for Knit Picks because that's how the Merino Styly dk yarn is too.

 
At 8/29/07, 2:16 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

That Domesticat is a talented designer huh? I love the Drunken Bees pattern! I'm so glad your mojo is back so you can knit these up for yourselves. The blue is stunning.

I love Knit Picks, really I do, but only they would would dye yarn reminiscent of the 70's.

 
At 8/29/07, 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you and blues are back together again, huh? I want some drunken bees, although my sock knitting mojo is definitely waning again.

 
At 8/31/07, 9:37 AM, Blogger knittingphilistine said...

Good for you reknitting that sock... I think the Drunken Bees are well worth the effort. The sock looks great!

And the hand-dyed sock yarn in your last post? I am truly drooling...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home