Monday, September 17, 2007

You're all so smart

Yes, of course the Socks That Rock I showed in my last post is for a chevron scarf. Yes, I'm using one of the most popular color combos out there for this scarf. And yes, some day I hope to have an original thought.

str chevron begin
Seriously though, I'm loving it. This scarf will be a present for my niece, and the vibrant colors will be perfect for her. I'm overdue for a mindless knit, and this one has the added entertainment of watching the color pattern develop. Look at those two balls of yarn! It shouldn't work, but magically, it does. (For a more amazing example of two colorways working together synergistically, you must see Grace's version. It's even better in person.)

As for the New Year's Day socks, they have retired to the frog pond, so we shall speak no more of them. The pattern, while lovely, is not stretchy enough to accommodate the idiosyncrasies of the Professor's feet. I've simply lost the will to keep trying to make it work. The quest continues for the perfect man lace socks. I think I may have found a new candidate, but I'm also open to suggestions.

I'm not terribly sad about the socks, though, because something wonderful is going to happen this week here at T4SHQ. How's that for being vague?

7 Comments:

At 9/17/07, 7:33 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I don't know if you've considered it, but when I was knitting the Loksins pattern, Andy said he would like a pair of socks made with it... It's a stately enough lace to be man-lace, I believe. :)
Your scarf really is looking great - I'd never think of putting those two colorways together either, must've been a lucky mistake on the part of the first knitter who did it.

 
At 9/17/07, 7:38 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Simply marvelous scarf! I don't think I would be able to give it away as a gift.

Hmmm... something wonderful? Since I was right about the scarf, I'll hazard another guess -- you're buying a house?!?

 
At 9/17/07, 7:57 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

I LOVE that color combo and it absolutely shouldn't work. When I get over the shock of knitting a $40 scarf, I'll have to copy you too!


Something wonderful? You're buying the house up for sale across the street from me?

 
At 9/18/07, 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chevron color combination has no equal. No need to be original when you've chosen the best. It is beautiful.

 
At 9/19/07, 5:33 AM, Blogger Angeluna said...

Beautiful Micki!

 
At 9/20/07, 6:45 PM, Blogger Laura said...

The scarf is looking great so far. Love those colors when they're knitted together that way, though I'd never think it seeing the balls together! LOL :-)

 
At 9/21/07, 2:56 PM, Blogger Terri Lynn said...

d you on Ravelry and looked at all your Flickr! You are seriouly enabling me!!!! I can really say, I love ALL your work! This scarf, the green sweater, R2D2, I could go on and on!!! YOu are about the closest thein I need to be inspired yet!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home