Monday, October 15, 2007

The Wollmeise has landed

One of the main reasons to order Wollmeise directly from Claudia: just look at this packaging.

wollmeise package
How could anything inside this lovely parcel not be wonderful? I admired it long enough to take this photo, and no longer. Come on, I knew what was inside.

wollmeise open
I had seen Wollmeise in person before, but I was still blown away. I think the colorway names are clear enough in the photo, so I won't list them. Each one of these is the dark/strong intensity. Wow. Just wow.

wollmeise close
Best of all, I didn't have to throw myself into the feeding frenzy over at The Loopy Ewe. Don't get me wrong, I do plenty of shopping at TLE, and I have nothing but praise for the service I've received. However, the shopping experience there can sometimes be, well, stressful if one is looking for something specific. Besides, I get a certain amount of satisfaction knowing my money went directly to the dyer who created these beauties.

3 Comments:

At 10/16/07, 5:23 AM, Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

Gorgeous yarn! I love your color choices :) IKWYM about buying directly from the maker when you can - it's a good feeling to know that the profit is going to them directly instead of being eaten up by extra transportation costs and store margins.

 
At 10/16/07, 11:13 AM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Wow, gorgeous colors! I also like the packaging. You have good self restraint. I would have ripped open the wrapping immediately before remembering to take a photo.

 
At 10/22/07, 11:35 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

GOR-GEE-OUS! I MUST know the name of the colorway 3rd from the left. It's absolutely beautiful.

I don't mind the shopping frenzy at the loopy ewe, but getting the "loopy heads up" email from Sheri definitely helps and if I "score" the colorway I want, then I feel like I've accomplished something. Also, I like the "credits" I get for shopping with Sheri.

I can completely understand the thrill of buying direct though AND to see a pkg arrive from overseas must be great too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home