Monday, November 05, 2007

You can't go home again

It's a fact—vacations get in the way of blogging. Humble apologies for the lack of posting in the past week. My trip to Salt Lake was lovely. Really, how bad could things be when this was the view out my window every day?

window view
As is always the case, I got less knitting done than I intended. I finished exactly 1¼ socks, plus several inches of the chevron scarf. (I categorically refuse to disclose how much knitting I actually took with me.) In my defense, most of my time was devoted to spending time with family in general and admiring my adorable niece and nephew in particular.

Ack, now that daylight savings time has ended, it's even darker when I get home from work. Stay tuned for inferior photos all winter! (I may need to rig up a light tent.)

cable rib progress
These socks are a modified version of the Cable Rib Socks from Favorite Socks. I'm doing a braid on the leg, then transitioning to the pattern's specified cable on the instep. It seems to be working out pretty well.

Other than that, I'm happy to be back home so I can spend some quality time with my spinning wheel. I should have some new yarn to show within the next few days.

I'll leave you with another photo from Salt Lake. This is a view from Silver Lake near Brighton. I love how moody this shot is.

silver lake

6 Comments:

At 11/5/07, 6:11 PM, Blogger Oiyi said...

The mountains look beautiful. I bet it's fun to ski there.

 
At 11/5/07, 8:11 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Glad to see you've returned home safely with a beautiful sock on your needles. I love your modified design. Clever girl!

I'll be in SLC the week before Christmas. I suspect I'll be seeing quite a bit more snow than that and I can't wait!

 
At 11/5/07, 8:57 PM, Blogger bookgrump said...

I know this will sound weird, but you're making me miss snow. The Midwest often has a flake or two by now.

Glad that you're back!

 
At 11/6/07, 7:51 AM, Blogger mle said...

Welcome back! glad you had a wonderful time.
I hate how early it gets dark now too!

 
At 11/6/07, 10:43 AM, Blogger rockbridge said...

oh, pictures of snowy mountains make me so happy! is it ski season yet!?

 
At 11/7/07, 6:27 AM, Blogger Kathleen J. said...

I miss Salt Lake right now too with the weather here in the Phoenix area still in the 90's. I will be there to see kids and grandkids at Christmas. It will be wonderful to see the greatest snow on Earth again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home