Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Promised knitting

I do have finished knitting to show! OK, so it's a very small project. Don't judge me too harshly.

smf saartje1

Pattern: Saartje's Booties
Yarn: Smoky Mountain Fibers sock yarn (75% wool, 25% nylon), "Rosewood" colorway (leftover yarn from these socks)
Needles: U.S. size 1 (2.25 mm)

Aren't they sweet? I'm not 100% satisfied with them, mainly because the buttons are a tad large. They matched the yarn so well, though, that I couldn't resist buying them. I think I'll knit another pair with smaller buttons and see which ones I like better. (In case anyone is wondering, these booties are not for me. The Professor nearly gave his mother a heart attack the other day when she called and he told her I was knitting baby booties.)

There is also a sock in the works. It's not cooperating nicely, though, and I need to adjust the fit. Here it is just before I frogged it.

mc nutkin prefrog
Never fear, though; the sock will rise again. Note to anyone knitting Nutkin: there's not a lot of stretch due to the biasing of the stitches. Luckily it's a snap to add (or subtract) stitches with this pattern.

And because I'm sneaky, I'm tacking on the latest spinning project to my knitting post. Hey, it will get knitted eventually.

cmf utb skein
Fiber: Crown Mountain Farms superwash merino, "Under the Boardwalk" colorway
2 ply
385 yards
120 grams (4.25 oz)

cmf utb macro2
I love this colorway! More details to follow when I finish the second skein.

12 Comments:

At 2/6/08, 8:10 PM, Blogger Aisling said...

I keep meaning to knit a pair of those baby booties, they are adorable. I am close to being done with the socks, if today ever ends (ie. bedtime happens) I am pulling them out & popping in a movie.

 
At 2/6/08, 8:52 PM, Blogger Oiyi said...

The booties are sweet. That pattern is a quick instant gratification project.

 
At 2/6/08, 9:15 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Cute booties! I really enjoyed knitting that pattern. Oh, the yarn spun from Crown Mountain Fibers is gorgeous.

 
At 2/6/08, 9:57 PM, Blogger LizKnits said...

I think those booties are just precious... the buttons look perfect for them.

 
At 2/6/08, 9:57 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Cute Cute Cute. Love the booties and the yarn. But you knew that about the yarn. Hopefully the sock will cooperate the second time out!

 
At 2/7/08, 7:17 AM, Blogger Lori said...

The booties are perfect - I'm all in favor of the oversized buttons, to emphasize the tee-tiny-cuteness of the baby shoe...

The spinning is gorgeous, as always (I really love these colors too!) and I'm glad for the hints about the Nutkins sizing.

 
At 2/7/08, 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every time I see those booties, I think "oh, how cute". And yours definitely fall into that category. They are adorable.

I'm not daring enough to knit that sock pattern. I've seen too many UGH's about the yarn biasing to scare me away. Then again, if yours work out, I'll probably knit them. I hope they do!

I just don't know if there are any words left to express how much I love your spinning. You should contact Crown Mtn Farms to be one of their paid spinners. Yours is WAY better than the skein I purchased from them.

 
At 2/8/08, 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, you are using such pretty colors! Love the socks, I'm sure they are going to be spectacular!

 
At 2/8/08, 5:34 PM, Blogger mle said...

Oh those booties are adorable!! I actually like them with the larger buttons!

 
At 2/10/08, 2:53 PM, Blogger Jeri said...

Cute booties. And thanks for the sock warning. Don't you hate it when the biasing that looks sooo good, makes the fit not sooo good.

 
At 2/11/08, 6:16 PM, Blogger Angeluna said...

Awwww for the booties. That is such an adorable pattern. Darn, they're not for you.

Thanks for the warning on the Nutkins. Just what I don't need.

 
At 2/15/08, 8:25 AM, Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Those little socks are too cute. Do you think the booties are a girlie pattern? Or do you think they are knit-able for a newborn boy? I keep debating it! (I'm having another boy this summer).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home