Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Wild horses

Now that Grace has the yarn in her hot little hands, I feel like it's OK to show it all to the rest of you. It was a little difficult to hand these skeins over to her. Oh, how I love brown!

cmf wh skeins
Fiber: Crown Mountain Farms superwash merino, "Wild Horses"
2 ply
Skein 1: 440 yards, 111 grams
Skein 2: 430 yards, 120 grams

cmf wh strands macro
These turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. Unfortunately, the roving wasn't as easy to work with as the previous CMF fiber I used. It looked as though the fiber had taken a bit of a beating during the dyeing process. There were lots of neps and scraggly bits that needed to be picked out. I do think the state of this particular roving was a fluke. The other CMF rovings I have appear to be in good shape. All in all, there wasn't as much waste as I was expecting, so really, I don't have a lot to complain about.

cmf wh skein macro
Both skeins were within the yardage range I targeted too. Whew! Grace said she wanted sock yarn, and I believe I delivered sock yarn. It's enough to make me feel like I almost know what I'm doing. I'm very excited to see how these knit up.

cmf wh macro2
I'm nearly finished with yet another spinning commission, this time from the lovely and talented Bea. Here's what she gave me to spin up for her.

fgf razz roving
Isn't it delicious? I'd better be careful, because I'm in danger of becoming accustomed to people giving me pretty fibers to play with. Of course, they do expect me to give it back to them as yarn. There's always a hitch.

7 Comments:

At 3/5/08, 5:48 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Gorgeous! Lucky Grace. :-)

 
At 3/5/08, 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Spinning Batman. That is gorgeous! I don't know that I could ever knit it though. It's so beautiful just as it is.

That roving is so beautiful. I just placed my first order with Wooly Treasures and am now eyeing CMF. You enabler, you.

 
At 3/5/08, 6:46 PM, Blogger Bea said...

I love that top yarn. So pretty and soft. I can't wait to see what you do with mine!

 
At 3/5/08, 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work!

 
At 3/6/08, 11:45 AM, Blogger Oiyi said...

Umm...I have some roving here that you could spin up. You are driving me crazy with all that pretty handspun yarn.

 
At 3/9/08, 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn does remind me of horses. And the new stuff you are going to be playing with? I can't wait to see how pretty that turns out!

 
At 3/11/08, 2:12 AM, Blogger Angeluna said...

Oh lucky Grace! Can't wait to see Bea's. Gotta agree with GuiltyPleasures...Holy Spinning Batman! Are you in Sock Madness? If so, are you ready?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home