Monday, April 13, 2009

All Spun Up

As I was trying to hammer out some blog material, I realized that a couple of my recent yarns have fallen through the cracks (as far as documentation is concerned, anyway). Please allow me to remedy that situation now.

It's no secret that my favorite indie fiber dyer is Kristin of All Spun Up. I'm sure I go on and on about her fabulous fibers as if she's paying me for advertising, but honestly, I just can't help but gush. For instance, I started out with this:

asu m multi fiber
It was so pretty in fiber form that it almost seemed a shame to spin it up. But I'm a spinner, so I spun it.

asu m multi swirl
Fiber: merino combed top
3 ply
550 yards
110 grams

asu m multi skein
This is currently my favorite skein of handspun. I can't get over how happy it makes me. (Love those peeks of orange!) Now I just need to come up with a worthy project for it. Socks are my default, of course, but do I really want to put all that loveliness in my shoes?

I also finished up a skein from the most recent installment of the ASU SAL. For this round the fiber was BFL.

asu bfl sal4 swirl2
3 ply
380 yards
108 grams

asu blf sal4 skein macro
Although I'm slightly disappointed with my yardage—my goal was 400 yards—I can hardly hold the yarn responsible for my own shortcomings. The blue is so brilliantly vivid that everyone who sees it in person comments about it. One or two have already tried to make off with it. I suppose that's a success, yes?

9 Comments:

At 4/13/09, 5:31 PM, Blogger Opal said...

delicious! ASU is an addiction of which there should never be a 12 step program. :)

 
At 4/13/09, 8:53 PM, Blogger Angeluna said...

If I had that first skein in hand, I'd probably be slobbering all over it. I understand why it makes you happy.

 
At 4/13/09, 8:58 PM, Blogger Bea said...

I love love love the first skein. I'm attempting to spin the blue. Apparently I'm not any more fond of blue for spinning then I am for knitting.

 
At 4/13/09, 9:56 PM, Blogger jen said...

They are both stunning! You rock the 3ply!

 
At 4/13/09, 10:21 PM, Blogger Aisling said...

I completely love em both ;) I don't have many color aversions when it comes to yarn, I just like it soft n pretty.

 
At 4/13/09, 10:33 PM, Anonymous Oiyi said...

Omg, the fiber form is so spectacular!!! But the spun version is very pretty, too.

Hehehe...I would try to make off with your handspun yarns too. Beautiful blue!!

 
At 4/14/09, 9:15 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Both gorgeous -- I love 3-ply. :-)

I'm amazed at the yardage on that first one. Do you think the difference is because of the merino v. BFL?

 
At 4/14/09, 10:56 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

I'd say that both are huge successes! Just gorgeous.

 
At 4/16/09, 3:01 AM, Blogger bockstark.knits said...

both gorgeous as usual! how the heck do you get 500+ yards of 3ply??? I don't think I've ever cleared 400 and I feel like I'm spinning super thin! I guess it's not thin enough....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home