Monday, November 02, 2009

And we're back

Last week the Professor and I returned from a short jaunt to northern New Mexico.

NM Oct. 2009
It was glorious to get away for a little while, and the weather around Santa Fe was just what we needed. There was snow in the high mountains (Snow! How I have missed thee!), but otherwise the weather was sunny and crisp.

Because of the traveling and of some impending project deadlines, I haven't done a lot of spinning in the last two weeks. Before that, though, I had been on a bit of a chain plying jag.

aef fwb sas fiber
The Arts at Eagle's Find fine wool blend, "Sunset at Sea"

aef fwb sas swirl
480 yards, 124 grams

gc swm rb fiber
Gaia's Colours Sunna superwash merino, "Rainbow Beast"

gc swm rb swirl macro
360 yards, 114 grams

asu m embers fiber
All Spun Up merino, I call it "Glowing Embers"

asu m embers swirl1
416 yards, 127 grams

Chain plying has never been my favorite way to ply, but for inexplicable reasons, I seem to want to chain ply everything lately. It's just a phase, I'm sure, but I am surprised it has lasted this long.

9 Comments:

At 11/2/09, 10:59 PM, Blogger woolamina said...

These are all fantastic. Your spinning is amazing. =)

 
At 11/3/09, 4:06 AM, Blogger LittleBerry said...

gorgeous spinning as always, you always manage tomake your yarns 'sing'...

 
At 11/3/09, 5:09 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

I love your yarn. The way you preserve the colours of the roving is amazing!

 
At 11/3/09, 6:19 AM, Blogger Dave said...

It may be just a phase, but the results are gorgeous! Perhaps it's because the colours are maybe just a bit on the brighter side?

Maybe it's because our daylight is steadily decreasing, but I find I'm craving the brights. Why am I working with something dull and dark, both spinning and knitting? (Rhetorical, philosophical, psychological type question -- no response required - LOL!)

 
At 11/3/09, 4:43 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

Looks like a beautiful trip! Very neat.

Beautiful spinning, as always. :-)

 
At 11/4/09, 11:49 PM, Blogger Opal said...

love the chain plying and the new mexico photos!

 
At 11/5/09, 5:52 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Sounds like a good trip. It's great to go away for a while & rejuvenate.

 
At 11/7/09, 12:47 PM, Blogger peaknits said...

I must say the chain plying really agrees with you - no matter how much you love it - or don't;) Your yarns are fabulous!

 
At 11/26/09, 4:37 PM, Anonymous Oiyi said...

The colors are so vivid! Yes, I have notice you are chain plying a lot. I did it recently again, and it still feels weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home